- 09 November 2015 Newtown Campus open as normal - Wednesday 11th November
- 05 November 2015 Sixth Form Open Evening - Thursday 5th November
- 04 November 2015 Year 7 and 8 Consultation Evening
- 03 November 2015 Secondary School Reorganisation Programme - October update
- 23 October 2015 Letter to parents - new headteacher appointment
Health and Social Care
The aims of the course in Health and Social Care are to:
Prepare students for progression to employment and / or further training in the health, social care and early years sectors through the development of knowledge, skills and understanding needed for work in these sectors.
Increase students knowledge and understanding of the health, social and early years sectors through the investigation and evaluation of a range of services and organisations.
Develop students awareness of the influences on an individual’s health and well-being and to highlight the importance of motivation and support when improving health.
Encourage students to recognise the importance of the stages of development of an individual and their relationships.
Promote a critical and analytical approach to problem solving within the vocational context.
Health and Social Care is a sound choice for students with an interest in Health and Social Care and the future employment possibilities it could offer them. It will give them a background of both theory and practice within the sector and will meet their need to acquire knowledge and to understand the structures and practice within the sector as a precursor to further education and/or training.