- 24 April 2014 Year 7 and year 8 exams
- 07 April 2014 School meal price increases - from 28th April
- 04 April 2014 Scarlet Fever information
- 28 March 2014 BBC News School Report
- 18 March 2014 Primary Regional Urdd Eisteddfod 2014 - donations!
Croeso i Wefan yr Ysgol Uwchradd y Drenewydd - Welcome to the Newtown High School Website
Newtown High School is a KS3-5 (11-18) comprehensive school located in Newtown and Presteigne, Mid Wales. 2013 has seen us achieve another year of our best ever examination results, please see our news section for more details.
At Newtown High School we aim to promote 'CYFLE' (Opportunity in Welsh).
In our most recent inspection report in 2009, ESTYN stated that "Newtown High School is now a good school with several outstanding features". These are seen in the:
- Improving trend in performance in examination results;
- Way in which teachers and learning assistants promote equality of opportunity in the classroom;
- Way in which the curriculum promotes key skills and sustainable development; and
- Way in which the school cares for and guides pupils and students.
At Newtown High School we aim:
To create a caring, considerate, courteous learning environment where pupils and staff enjoy a positive, rewarding experience.
To value and treat all pupils equally and educate each one to his or her maximum potential.
To fulfil the requirements of the National Curriculum and to offer a broad, balanced curriculum whilst equipping our pupils for life in a bilingual Wales and multilingual, multicultural society.
To aim for excellence in all that we do by setting high expectations, encouraging, acknowledging and praising achievement and effort, nurturing talent and self-discipline.
To foster amongst all members of the school community a reflective, self-evaluative ethos in order to develop and improve wherever possible in all aspects of school life.