- 27 November 2013 Newtown High School achieves prestigious NACE Challenge Award
- 22 November 2013 Year 8 Consultation Evening - 28th November 2013
- 08 November 2013 Year 7 Consultation Evening - 14th November 2013
- 06 November 2013 Letter to parents - uniform - November 2013
- 27 October 2013 New York half term holiday trip itinerary
Croeso i Wefan yr Ysgol Uwchradd y Drenewydd - Welcome to the Newtown High School Website
Newtown High School is a KS3-5 (11-18) comprehensive school located in Newtown, Mid Wales (map). 2012 has seen us achieve another year of our best ever examination results in KS4 and KS5, please see our news section for more details.
At Newtown High School we aim to promote 'CYFLE' (Opportunity in Welsh).
In our most recent inspection report in 2009, ESTYN stated that "Newtown High School is now a good school with several outstanding features". These are seen in the:
- Improving trend in performance in examination results;
- Way in which teachers and learning assistants promote equality of opportunity in the classroom;
- Way in which the curriculum promotes key skills and sustainable development; and
- Way in which the school cares for and guides pupils and students.
At Newtown High School we aim:
To create a caring, considerate, courteous learning environment where pupils and staff enjoy a positive, rewarding experience.
To value and treat all pupils equally and educate each one to his or her maximum potential.
To fulfil the requirements of the National Curriculum and to offer a broad, balanced curriculum whilst equipping our pupils for life in a bilingual Wales and multilingual, multicultural society.
To aim for excellence in all that we do by setting high expectations, encouraging, acknowledging and praising achievement and effort, nurturing talent and self-discipline.
To foster amongst all members of the school community a reflective, self-evaluative ethos in order to develop and improve wherever possible in all aspects of school life.